Sunday 19 March 2017

James 1:2-8 - Pure Joy.


James 1:2-8

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


One day, sorrow came to me.
She claimed to offer a gift.
But I told her to leave.
I just want no part of this.

So, I kept the door ajar.
Careful not to let sorrow in.
I thought to keep her afar.
To give me time to think.

But sorrow refused to go.
Despite my cries of unfair.
Her gift she plans to sow.
But it's more than I can bear.

Then sorrow said she's a friend.
She extended her wounded hand.
She said let her in.
And assured me it's win-win.

Guarded, I ask why.
I just needed to know.
Why good things must die.
And bad things take hold.

Sorrow smiled but answered not.
Neither did she blame nor find fault.
She just reminded me to grow.
And let not my heart wax cold.

She said, "Take the journey,"
To discover what God has in store.
She said the lessons are many.
When I answer the call. 

My heart then soften.
As I invited sorrow in.
That day she and I talked often.
About my eventual overcoming.

After a brief season,
Sorrow left with gift unveiled.
Still she gave no reason,
Yet I've grown and prevailed.

So I am recalling here.
Of the verse in James.
There's no trial I need to fear.
For my hope is in the name above all names.

Amen.

Cheerz.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Sorrow left and left behind a sweet fragrance, pure joy...joy unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete