Friday 6 September 2013

What if I am an atheist?


What if I am an atheist?
What if I don't believe in god?
What if god doesn't exist?
What if believers are just crackpot?

Will everything be clearer?
Will I discover my true calling?
Will I live my life braver?
Will I spread my wings soaring?

Without god will I be free?
Without god will I be found?
Without god will I be me?
Without god will I be sound?

Maybe there's no beginning.
Maybe there's no end.
Maybe there's just imagining.
Maybe it's all a big sham.

Can I trust science and all?
To modify my reality.
Can I trust money and more?
To mollify my mortality.

In death should I ever fear?
Even if it should ever draw near.
Will I even shed a tear?
For the life that I have lived here.

Whether atheist or not.
I guess I will never know.
If my life ever fall short.
When death takes hold.

Alas how I admire.
Those who are so sure
Theirs is my heart's desire.
To have hope that's so clear.

Living without god.
Really takes a lot.
The price is eternity.
In exchange for my humanity.

So what if I am an atheist?
So what if I don't believe?
So what if I should insist?
That god is nothing but a myth.

I am still no more found.
I am still no more sound.
I am still no more free.
I am still no more me.

I guess the grass is no greener.
Under the covers of disbelief
However much I wish as a sinner.
To put my trust in this life so brief. 

So I am back to square one.
Living under the shadow of His wings.
I know I can't possibly run.
From the love of the King of kings.
Cheerz.


* Image taken from positivechristianradio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment