Sunday 15 October 2017

I dream...but what I have.

I dream of a life of great impact,



But what I have is my daughter's hug.

I dream of a legacy others will marvel at,

But what I have is my son's respect.

I dream of a world that will remember me,

But what I have is a night with my wife so free.

And I dream of fame and riches I can touch.

But I think you've guessed as much.

For what I have is a walk with my daughter down the aisle.

Alas, my reality seems to have missed my dreams by a mile.

They are so different from the dreams I wanted so bad.

For they are the dreams that have kept me awake and fully fed.

But I know now it's not my reality that has missed the mark.

It's my dreams that have kept me in the dark.

For they have led me away from the things that matter.

And held me to a delusion wishing for something better.

In the end, I do not want to miss the forest for the trees.

I do not want to chase dreams that will never appease. 

So I'll not trade my reality for a dream.


And hold out for a mirage somewhere upstream. Cheerz.

No comments:

Post a Comment