Sunday 7 April 2019

My New Year Resolution 2019.

I know it’s tradition to make new year’s resolution, that is, to resolve to change things by doing things differently. 

But this year, 2019, I take a slightly different approach and make new year’s resolution from a reflective perspective, that is, it is not so much what I will do differently, but how I will think differently first.

And because I think, therefore I am, I’ll let my thinking be my gentle advocate for the new year. 

So, to help me along, here are 13 of my resolution for 2019 to meditate upon and hopefully, my deeds will show. 

1) Don’t take life too seriously, because most times it’s only your pride that is hurt. And that may not be a bad thing.

2) The “Likes” you get on FB does not affirm who you are. Who you are affirms who you are.

3) If you don’t live intentionally, you will live accidentally, or worse, temperamentally.

4) Not everything is about you; most times it is about what’s wrong with you. 

5) If you want to change for the better, stop making excuses for failing to change for the better. 

6) Overnight changes usually last only one night. True changes take time. 

7) Have no delusion about mankind, they are not always kind. So be wise when dealing with them.

8)There is really no difference between believing in God and not believing in Him...if you manage to find the difference, live it out first before you tell others about it. 

9) A hypocrite is someone with authenticity issues, that is, he can’t decide whether to be true to himself or to just fake it until he appears believable. 

10) True success is never allowing success to change you. The best version of you is often before success happens. 

11) I think the problem with us is that we refuse to or are afraid of occasionally overestimating the power of choices. 

12) If you can’t afford the time to understand people, then don’t insult their intelligence by trying to change them. 

And...

13) Life may be short, but the journey is long. So always remember to live your life short on hate and long on forgiveness. 

Ps: And why stop at 13? Well, because bad luck is not about a number. It is about our failure to take ownership of our life (recall resolution (3) above). 

Mm...and also because I have to go about my daily chores for the kids as it is their first day of school. Happy New Year. Cheerz.

No comments:

Post a Comment